Jump-start your career while preparing to pass the Uniform CPA Exam or gaining the requisite experience for licensure. The NYSSCPA offers college graduates CPA Candidate Associate memberships—the smartest way for savvy prospective accountants to cut their teeth before launching their own professional journeys. What better way to get ahead and stay ahead in today’s competitive job market than to join a professional society that’s made up of your future career peers?
You can maintain your NYSSCPA CPA Candidate membership for up to five years after graduating.
Upon receiving your CPA license and notifying the Society, your "CPA Candidate Associate membership" converts to a full "CPA membership."
Check out some of the unmatched benefits your NYSSCPA CPA Candidate Associate Membership offers:
Opportunities to Network: Improve your chances of finding a great job through access to thousands of accounting professionals by participating in one of 15 local NYSSCPA chapters or more than 60 committees across New York state.
Subscription to NYSSCPA Publications:
- NextGen: The NYSSCPA’s Professional Development Guide: A sleek, cutting-edge career-themed magazine—packed with guidance and insight for future CPAs and CPAs starting out in the profession.
- The CPA Journal: A $42 value! Get the most timely analysis, debate and interpretation of current issues in the NYSSCPA’s monthly magazine for accountants.
- The Trusted Professional: A $20 value! The Society’s newspaper that provides the latest news on all things accounting and NYSSCPA.
Technical Assistance and Know-how: Look no further than the Society for all your accounting, auditing, tax and CPA Exam questions.
Discounted Professional Education: The NYSSCPA and its Foundation for Accounting Education (FAE) program offer a wide scope of CPE seminars and conferences to members at discounted rates.
Exchange: The NYSSCPA’s Social Network: Engage in a meeting of minds with aspiring and current professional members of the Society, plus participate in valuable discussions on industry issues and events on the NYSSCPA’s very own platform for social networking.
Group Discounts: Your CPA Candidate Associate membership grants you impressive price breaks on important tools in your career trajectory, such as CPA review courses, car rentals and credit cards.
Online 24/7: Access virtually all our services via the Web, your Smartphone or tablet at your convenience.
Political Advocacy: The Society’s 26,000 members mean the accounting community’s voice—and yours–will be heard in Congress and the state Legislature.
To apply for your CPA Candidate Associate membership online, click here.
To request an application form by mail, contact the Membership Department at 1-(800) NYSSCPA.
For further information about the dues structure, click here.
Useful links for CPA Candidates
- AICPA: The official student website of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Find out more about becoming a CPA and career opportunities.
- Beta Alpha Psi: The premier national honors financial information fraternity. Click here to visit Pace University's chapter to find their calendar of events, member list, and links to other accounting resources and useful information.
- Search for Jobs: Look for jobs at this leading independent online career site for accounting and finance professionals.
- Occupational Outlook of Accounting Jobs: The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides further information about the nature of the work in the accounting profession, employment data, training and qualifications, job outlook and salary data.
- Salary information: An accounting career can secure you a competitive entry-level salary and boasts long-term growth potential, especially if you have earned your CPA designation.