Want to save this page for later?


The Daily

Would You Like a Cocktail with Your Tax Return?

Chris Gaetano
Published Date:
Jan 21, 2016
'The perfect martini' by Chris Corwin (berbercarpet) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/flickerbulb/95054208/. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia CommonsLots of bars have jukeboxes, pool tables, or dart boards. One bar in Brooklyn, however, boasts a CPA ready to do your taxes, according to Metro. The Brooklyn-based cocktail bar Sincerely Yours will, from Feb. 1 on, feature an in-house accountant who will be doing basic tax work for bar patrons. The accountant, an NYSSCPA member, will be charging $135 an hour for most basic returns, a price that includes a cocktail from the bar, so you can either drown your sorrows over how much you owe, or celebrate your refund if you're lucky.