The NYSSCPA Technology Assurance Committee announces the 2017 Technology Assurance Research Paper Contest, sponsored by the Foundation for Accounting Education.
The contest is designed to encourage college and grad school students throughout New York state to pursue accounting research, while fostering their professional development and promoting involvement in the Society’s committees and publications.
Students are invited to write a research paper on any of the following topics:
* Maintaining confidential data in the cloud
* Information security in an age of cyber warfare
* Information-systems auditing in a mobile-computing environment
* Audit and compliance issues relating to big data
* Investments in IT infrastructure
* The risks of change management to the IT environment
* Auditing and accounting with virtual currency
* Ransomware in the corporate environment
* Cyber liability insurance
* Other emerging technology-assurance area of a student's choice
Winners of the contest will receive the following one-time scholarships: $1,000 for the first-place paper; $600 for the second-place paper; and $400 for the third-place paper. In addition, all winners will be nominated to the Society’s Technology Assurance Committee.
Winners will also have the opportunity to collaborate with a member of the Technology Assurance Committee to convert their research paper into article format, to be submitted to The CPA Journal or The Trusted Professional for publication consideration.
All entries must be received before June 1, 2017. Contest rules can be found here.