COMMITTEE ACTION PLAN
Who We Are
We are members of the Society who work in or are interested in the area of
investment management. We focus on investment accounting, analysis, audit,
compliance, operations and regulation, primarily as they relate to hedge funds,
private equity, and other alternative investment vehicles.
What We Do
- We generally meet monthly at the Society and have educational
presentations on topics of current interest.
- Review and discuss the accounting and operational implications for
originators, intermediaries, and end users of new and existing financial
products that would include debt, equity, and derivative financial
- Examine developments in the areas of:
o Risk management of financial assets and liabilities
o Valuations of
financial assets and liabilities
o Short selling
o Securities lending and borrowing
- Comment on relevant legislative proposals and coordinate responses by
NYSSCPA to SEC (Investment Management Division), CFTC, OCC, Federal Reserve,
FASB and AICPA initiatives with other appropriate responding committees.
- Sponsor the Hedge Fund and Alternative Investments Conference and
Investment Companies Conference each year.
- Address technical questions from members of the Society on investment
Who Should Join
Members who work in or are interested in
the investment management and financial products areas, including those at hedge
funds, brokerages, investment and commercial banks, mutual funds, insurance
companies, government-sponsored enterprises, fund administrator, accounting
firms, government and academia.
To view the current Committee Annual
Report, please click HERE.