Manager of Chapter Outreach
Are you the New York State Society of CPAs’ next Manager of Chapter Outreach? We’re looking for someone with the initiative and drive to break new ground, build new programs and engage our chapter members. We’re building a new organization for a new generation of CPAs. Our goal is to grow membership throughout New York State.
Can you communicate, persuade and influence? Do you work collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers? Would you like the opportunity to build your own leadership skills and curate followers?
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Be the architect of a strategic plan to increase chapter engagement.
- Help grow membership throughout New York State
- Mentor leaders to grow thriving chapters
- Identify, create, plan, and develop new chapter programs and services in order to engage and recruit chapter members.
- Plan, promote and implement events.
- Build and foster meaningful relationships with chapter members that will increase the awareness of programs, services, and advocacy available through the NYSSCPA.
- Travel to each of the 15 chapters throughout the State on a regular and routine basis.
- Assist the department in member recruitment activities.
- Meet annual membership goals and metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3-5 years related experience in building volunteer engagement and creating and executing successful events.
- Outstanding communication skills, well-honed relationship building skills, and highly developed interpersonal skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents.
- Ability to learn and work with our database to analyze data and trends.
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects and meet deadlines under tight timelines with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Driver’s License required.
- Frequent travel around New York State required.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits offered
When applying for this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Please include “Manager of Chapter Outreach”
in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies.
Webcast Production Specialist
Our professional membership association for certified public accountants is looking for a creative Webcast Production Specialist for the production of video webcasts and audio webinars.
This position is responsible for pre-production, production and post-production work for various live events, interviews, webcast programs and all other aspects of the digital media function. This includes shooting interviews/b-roll and editing internal and external projects including product demos, corporate videos and image spots. It also includes the preparation and testing of recorded video and other graphic material used in webcasts and other digital media programming, pre-production testing of speaker and studio audio and video, lighting, editing, testing and archiving of productions.
Under the direction of NYSSCPA’s Director of Operations, identify and produce multimedia programs that are relevant to the accounting profession and the workplace at large. Create, post, update and support webcasts, video and podcasts for NYSSCPA and social media. Other duties include:
- Operate audio, video, and technology equipment to produce top quality web events.
- Act as videographer, director, crew, and editor, in the classroom, studio and remote locations, precisely following established processes and checklists.
- Set up, test, and troubleshoot real-time equipment, streaming and other technical issues.
- Coordinate with conference/seminar coordinators on scheduling and requirements for web event setup process.
- Interact with staff across multiple levels and departments within the organization to create high quality productions.
- Rapidly learn new company technologies for producing online education events, as well as utilize Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Premier Audition and After Effects, to create a wide range of projects, ranging from interviews to podcasts, to company videos and promotional spots.
- Serve as primary relationship contact with third party technology providers.
- Manage the timely conversion of live web events to on-demand self-study products.
- Respond to customer service issues before, during and after web events, as well as staff customer service issues.
- Manages video archives to avoid exceeding data limits.
- Perform other A/V jobs as needed.
- Become expert in implementing and maintaining all A/V equipment.
- Keep inventory of all A/V equipment.
- Keep track of schedule of events, including maintaining and updating internal calendars.
- Identify and order new A/V as needed.
- Assist in budgeting for A/V equipment and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years related work experience for professional organization or company.
- Strong editing and post production skills a must.
- Experience with A/V equipment; avid and eager learner with the desire to meet new challenges and with demonstrated ability to quickly acquire new skills and learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple events simultaneously.
- Strong project management skills and strict attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate has work experience at a professional organization, a strong attention to detail, a fast learning curve with new technologies, and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Some travel or extended work hours will be required based on event schedule.
When applying for this position, please send cover letter and resume and include “Webcast Production Specialist” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies.