The New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) offers its annual Excellence in Financial Journalism Award to recognize reporters from the national and local press who contribute to a better understanding of business topics. The Society presents awards in the categories offered on this entry form at a special Awards Luncheon in May.
A panel of members from the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
and the New York Financial Writers Association judges entries on:
- Accuracy, quality and thoroughness of research;
- The ability to communicate a balanced understanding of the topic;
- Examining a significant and complex subject with depth and context.
Award winners are notified within two months of the competition deadline.
Original entries created between January 1 and December 31, 2012 (inclusive) are eligible for the competition. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on February 15, 2013. All submissions become property of the NYSSCPA. We are not responsible for lost entries.
- All entries must submitted in a digital format to email@example.com.
Please complete the award application, save as pdf and include it with your original
story submissions in jpg, pdf, mp3, wmv or mp4, and any other
or video hosting URLs. No Word files please. To pay by credit card, fill out this form (requires Adobe Acrobat), print it and send back by secure fax to the NYSSCPA Accounting Department. Fax number: 888-527-4761. To pay by check, make payable to the NYSSCPA and send to this address: Excellence in Financial Journalism Award, NYSSCPA Media Relations Department, 3 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016-5991.
- Print entries must be at least 500 words in length. Television and radio entries
must be at least 45 seconds and up to 10 minutes in length. All television entries over 25 MB, must be submitted as a DVD by mail to:
Excellence in Financial Journalism Award, NYSSCPA Media Relations Department,
3 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016-5991.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per media outlet or contestant. However, contestants may submit only one entry to each individual category. No award will be given in a category if there are no entries deemed worthy of citation by the judges.
- The NYSSCPA presents one award for each winning entry. Journalists may purchase additional plaques.
- A $60 fee is required for each entry submitted. Book entries, which should be submitted by mail to the above referenced address, are $75. Download and print book entry form.